Psychedelic Yawn

Flashbacks from the Morning After the Night Before

Friday, September 01, 2006

I know. I know.



I know what you're saying. I'm eating my words, yet again.

Who would have ever thought that I would end up doing what I swore I would never do---create my own blog. But then again, come to think of it, I have done many things which I thought I would never venture doing. [Take my friendster account, for example. I previously made a very public declaration to my law school classmates (yes, I'm a friggin' lawyer) that I would never ever join the bandwagon and create my very own friendster account. In fact, I still maintain that I was unduly forced by my fellow associates in the law firm where I work to create my account early in 2004. But now, I regularly check the account and spy on other people who have accounts. It's completely ridiculous.]

Anyway, I kinda thought that blogs were avenues where women with guy [or girl] problems could rant all they want under the cover of anonimity. There is, after all, a glut of blogspots featuring women who talk mostly about their crushes, as well as other similar cheesy things. Hence, my initial conclusions had, at the very least, some foundation. Nevertheless, I have stumbled across several blogs, particularly friendster blogs that are both interesting and insightful to read. I love reading those blogs, although never to a point where I'm inspired to create my own. It's so much fun reading about what other people think, how other people are, and forming pre-conceived notions about them, without opening yourself up to judgment. There's a sense of power in that, I think. But that's another blog topic altogether.

What made me decide to have my very own blog, however, is a recent book that I read. It was written in the form of a blog interspersed with several email exchanges. A good read, I must say. In the book, the fictional blog-writer uses his blog to diss the people around him. That may have gotten him into a lot of trouble, but in the end, he ends up getting what he wants [or so he makes us think]. Pretty simple story, if you ask me. Too simple, in fact. But that's how I want my story to be...to be able to be the guy with horns and a pitchfork, and yet to get everything I want. Brilliant.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home