I Have No Time For Your Sad Stories

If we are not friends, please do not attempt to tell [or burden] me with your sad stories. It is totally irksome, and I simply have no time to listen to whatever misfortune life has brought upon you. I have reserved my listening ear, my bleeding heart, as well as my helping hands to my family and circle of friends only. If you think you are in my circle, you are most likely mistaken. Because those within my circle know that they're in, for the simple reason that I make them feel it and convey to them my sentiments in no uncertain terms.
I guess I am to blame to some extent, too. People often tell me that I come across as approachable and friendly...or to some extent, I appear to be a person who will take time out to listen to one's problems or be the proverbial shoulder to cry on. For this, I am deeply sorry for any inconvenience that your misconception has caused you. I didn't mean to come across that way. Please don't think that I'm a heartless bastard, though. I'd like to believe that I have a big heart. And I go the extra mile for my family and friends. But I am only human, and my resources are finite. So I can't go helping around every tom, dick and harry who needs a shoulder to cry on or a helping hand. Find your own friends.I'm sure they'll be more than willing to listen to your sad stories. Anyway, whether or not you find a friend to victimize, I wish you well and hope that your problems ain't too bad.
Labels: Random Thoughts and Realizations

2 Comments:
So, am I in your circle?
How the hell should I know?! I don't even know you.
Post a Comment
<< Home