Planet of the Apes

My gun-wielding driver looks like an ape. And I hate it. What's worse is, he has the brain of an ape, too. That's why it's an agony everyday going to and from work, or on weekend nights, when I go out--for the simple fact that I have to put up with his being, "slow".
I particularly hate it whenever I navigate and tell him where to go, and he always repeats what I say, albeit in the interrogative. The fuck. It's either my voice is too soft [which I highly doubt], he is fucking hearing impaired [which I doubt, too], or his tiny brain can't process my instructions as quickly as that of an ordinary human being. It's simply irritating.
He also suffers from a terrible amnesia of sorts for both the long and short-term memory. He forgets the directions to places where I usually go to [in some cases, even if I went there the day before]! Notwithstanding the fact that I've been to X's house a million times, Y-bar a thousand or Z-mall a dozen, ape-man wouldn't even have the slightest recollection of how to get there, which is absolutely stupefying!
I miss my other driver. At least he follows orders. I once asked him never ever to cough in the car coz it distracts me when I'm deep in thought [or awakens me when I'm asleep]. And he never did, even if he really badly needed to cough that his face turned red. And he knew the directions of the places I wanted to go to.
Good help is indeed hard to come by nowadays. I guess we simply have to be content with the quality of help we have.
Labels: Random Thoughts and Realizations

2 Comments:
You're mean. But I like your honesty. I don't have a driver so I couldn't relate. Besides, what are you complaining about? At least you have a driver.
Life is too short to be goody-goody, right? Being frank and fortright is a virtue, too.
Anyway, I'm sorry you don't have a driver and I'm sorry you couldn't relate. I just hope that when the time comes that you hire yourself a driver, you get an extremely hebetudinous, dopey and dimwitted guy so that you'll know how I feel.
Thanks for posting a comment.
Post a Comment
<< Home