Psychedelic Yawn

Flashbacks from the Morning After the Night Before

Monday, December 03, 2007

Frankfurt or Bust!

I recently received my letter of acceptance for the Master of Laws in Finance Program from the ILF in Frankfurt, Germany [click on the title of this post to view the ILF webage]. I was also granted a scholarship so I'd just have to pay a token amount as part of the tuition fees, in addition to my duties as a student librarian, where I have to put in a couple of hours a week. The feeling is surreal, as I wasn't too confident in getting accepted, given my rank in class, which is slightly below the requirement for acceptance of the ILF. However, I suppose that my extra-curricular activities and work experience more than covered for the academic shortcomings, if one would even consider such as a shortcoming in the first place. I am actually very pleased considering that I applied only in 2 schools, the ILF and the LSE in London, the results of which will come out mid-January. However, in case I get accepted in the LSE, I am still inclined to enter the ILF (despite the LSE's sterling reputation), because I feel that studying in Germany will open new doors and opportunities--the opportunity to live in a truly foreign country, the opportunity to learn a new language (which I wouldn't be able to do in London), and more importantly, the opportunity to travel around continental Europe. I have a feeling that people in my position would take the easy way and opt for London. The adventurer in me tells me otherwise, and so I'm taking the road less travelled. ShaiSe!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home