Ravaged
I had a terrific migraine yesterday, which prevented me from doing some work that I brought home from the office and enjoying the steak and sea bass dinner I had in Old Manila [at the Pen]. Lately, I've been getting these painful migraines [the types that leave a person ravaged in the migraine's aftermath] in alarming frequency. I've also begun to wonder if the migraines that I've been getting were somehow related to the stress I get from the line of work I'm in.
So upon the suggestion of my mum, I scheduled myself for an executive check-up next week, the first I will ever have in my whole life, just to see how healthy I am. Meanwhile, I also asked some of my doctor friends on what they think about what's been happening to me. I asked in particular Dr. Dasma if there was a doctor who specializes in stress, and he answered [albeit in a very condescending tone, i should say] that I should instead see a shrink.
WTF?! I know I've been wanting to see a shrink for some time now [just to see what the hype is all about, and for the prescription drugs...hehehe], but I didn't think for one second that I should see a shrink for my migraines. Dr. Dasma says that seeing a shrink might help me de-stress as the shrink may be able to make suggestions on how to channel my "energy", whatever that means. In any event, Dr. Dasma says that thinking about [and being thankful for] one's blessings is always a good solution to stress, which may, in effect, lead to a reduction of my migraine attacks.
Of course I appreciate Dr. Dasma's zen-advice. But I still couldn't see how seeing a shrink could help me de-stress or help me with my migraines at all. But then again, that's probably because I graduated from law school, and Dr. Dasma graduated from medical school. So I guess I'll have to take Dr. Dasma's advice hook, line and sinker.
Anyone know the way to the looney doctor's?
Labels: Random Thoughts and Realizations

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home