Frau "Overachiever"
Allow me to write about this beautiful lady in the picture, my classmate in the German language course I'm taking now. I kid you not, she ranks as one of the most irritating persons I've ever met in my entire life. First, let me give you a background of who she is and why she's taking German. Apparently, she's married to to this German guy who's based in Germany, and in order for her to get her visa and live abroad, she has to pass a German language exam. She can speak a little German, probably because her husband teaches her, but it is obvious that what she knows is very basic, and not the product of any kind of formal schooling. Which is why I cannot, for the life of me, understand why this lady always wants to teach us what to say when she doesn't even know what the f#*k she's talking about!! In fact, when she tried to teach another classmate of ours, our teacher corrected her and told her to just keep quiet and listen instead, which only proves that she know next to nothing about German. I really cannnot understand why she thinks that she's better than all of us--does she think that just because she's married to this German guy, she can go around teaching us correct German word usage and grammar? Hello?! How can she think that when in the first place, she probably just got lucky and got married through one of those mail-order-brides websites. This lady also has this penchant for speaking in English when she's not trying to speak in German. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind at all if people converse with me in English, but please, I really really hate when it is so obvious that you're just "feeling" or "trying hard". I can forgive wrong pronunciation any day [but it is admittedly also very irritating], but what I absolutely cannot forgive is wrong grammar. In fact, to save her from the English rut that she was in, I talked to her in Filipino, but she wouldn't get the hint and just kept rambling on with her Kindergarten-level English. I also hate the way she always comments about everything the teacher and my classmates say in class. Who made her the class commentator?! I wish she would just shut the f%$k up. During one of the breaks in class, she approached me to start a conversation and to show me some pictures on her camera. Out of the goodness of my heart, I humored her and went on to converse with her [in German and English], as well as to look at her stupid pictures on the camera. But when I couldn't take any of her incessant ramblings anymore, I curtly excused myself by saying, "Excuse me, but I don't feel well all of a sudden. I think I want to puke" [which was a lie, of course]. And she replies back, "naku, good luck." WHAT THE F%*K?! At that point, I might have as well just puked myself to death. In German, people like her are called DUMMKOPF. What a moron.
Labels: People

3 Comments:
Bwahahahahaha! Didn't think you hate her this much! :D
King's Cross rommie :)
omg!! haha! does she even know her photo (which i'm sure you clandestinely took via your camera phone) is up for the world to see?!! you are priceless! miss you!
Post a Comment
<< Home