Birthday Blues

I had a party a couple of days ago at this swanky bar to celebrate my birthday. Nothing fancy [although the P70,000.00++ bill I had to foot would definitely indicate otherwise]. Just a couple [who the hell am I kidding?!] of drinks with some of my close friends, as well as some "quota" invitees [friends of friends, etc.]. At least this year, my brother [the one who gets to do what he really loves doing] got to go, as well as lady junkie and my super partner-in-crime/travel buddy. What's more, for the first time in months, me and my buddies were all complete, as well as my other super favorite org batchmates/juniors. If only for this, I'd say that my party was a towering success, to say the least. Besides, most of my guests were drunk [on their own accord and without anyone forcing them to drink], hammered, woozy, steady, etc. And most importantly, everyone had fun [or so I'd like to think so]. In fact, the fact that some of my friends [including myself] woke up the next morning in the ninth circle of hangover hell only proves that everyone had fun. :)
On this point, it's a good thing that I shelved the idea of just having my birthday dinner party at People's Palace. That would have been just too "conservative" for my taste. It's not that I don't like having dinner parties. I'm sure that I'm definitely gonna have one soon. But not just yet. Not this year. Not at the penultimate year before my third decade of existence. [Fuck! I'm really a fucking dinosaur!]
I really love parties. Not so much attending them [except of course the parties of my super close friends], but HOSTING them! There's no feeling like getting all the people you like hanging out with under one roof and just being yourself. People say that the cardinal rule which all brithday celebrators should abide by is not to get drunk at his/her own party. Rubbish! Of course you can get drunk at your own party! In fact, you can do [and be] anything at your own party! The important thing is just to keep it real. Aye, there's the rub. This is why I love hosting parties. During my parties, I am myself. And I am myself, because I am with the people who make me, me. And to tell you honestly, I don't think that I'm a People's Palace kind of guy. At least not yet. Not this year. :)
Labels: Random Thoughts and Realizations

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home