Psychedelic Yawn

Flashbacks from the Morning After the Night Before

Friday, October 27, 2006

Blessed Trinity


I had dinner last night at Dampa along Macapagal Avenue, Pasay City, with two of my best buddies [Dr. Dasma and the Soccer Superstar] and a girl-friend. Needless to say, I had a great time, and the fantastic gastronomic experience was made more special by the company of friends I was was with.

The name of the place was Trinity, one of a myriad of restos/eateries to choose from in the area. Among the 4 of us, we were able to consume the following:

- 1 kilo of prawns/shrimp in a heavy butter sauce
- 1/2 kilo of mussels [tahong] in a heavy butter sauce
- 1 tilapia
- 1 [or 2] kilos of crabs
- 1/2 kilo of osyter kinilaw
- 1 kilo of liempo
- 1/2 kilo of sizzling squid
- 1 kilo of tuna belly
- several orders of plain rice

We were gluttons last night, but I guess it's not too bad to stuff oneself silly once in a while. The acoustic band was pretty good, too, and their repertoire of new wave and light alternative music [coupled by the fact that the singer didn't sing with barok english, thank God] made us sing along even while our mouths were still filled with half-masticated assorted seafood. We were especially pleased when the band sang The Promise by When in Rome. It may be baduy to some, but who cares? This is MY blog, anyway. :)

Our bill amounted to around P2,700.00. Pretty hefty, if you think about it. But, counting the good food, cool music, interesting conversation and great company, I wouldn't have minded spending more. As it goes in the advertisement, last night's experience was priceless, and for everything else, I have my Mastercard.

Blessed Trinity, indeed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home