Mall of Asia
I had dinner with my family at the Mall of Asia, and I swear to God, I will never ever go back to that place again. Not only is it located at the ends of the Earth, but also, I had a feeling the entire population of Metro Manila was there. I've never seen so many people [since Edsa II, or Edsa III, depending on the type of person you are] converging at one leviathan of a mall. My family didn't even attempt to go around the mall anymore. We already already tired just looking at how huge it was, and how daunting the task was of attempting to go around.
Malling shouldn't be stressful. In fact, people go to the mall to relax. I shudder to think how people will ever relax in the Mall of Asia. After all, people will, at the back of their heads, always try to cover as much ground as possible, with the goal of conquering the Mall of Asia in a day. Forget it.
On the way home, as we we crossed Roxas Boulevard from the Mall of Asia, I looked back, just to check, if God had answered my prayers that the Mall of Asia be swallowed by the South China Sea.
Labels: Random Thoughts and Realizations

2 Comments:
hilarious. indeed, the mall of asia has nothing on the ever realiable comfort that is shangrila.
I'd have to agree. Shangri-la is still the best and most walkable mall in Manila.
Post a Comment
<< Home